This is the place where you can personalize your profile!
By moving, adding and personalizing widgets.
You can drag and drop to rearrange.
You can edit widgets to customize them.
The bottom has widgets you can add!
Some widgets you can only access when you get Core Membership.
Some widgets have options that are only available when you get Core Membership.
We've split the page into zones!
Certain widgets can only be added to certain zones.
"Why," you ask? Because we want profile pages to have freedom of customization, but also to have some consistency. This way, when anyone visits a deviant, they know they can always find the art in the top left, and personal info in the top right.
Don't forget, restraints can bring out the creativity in you!
Now go forth and astound us all with your devious profiles!
So i've been holding off on uploading anything since I haven't done anything personal lately but its about to start up again! I really am feeling inspired and getting back into just drawing in general so I'm really happy.
As you all have know, if anyone is following me anymore, I have went on a very long hiatus which pretty much started when I began my sophomore year here at San Francisco State University. I am now a Senior and so much has changed. Cosplay was like the only thing I could do while taking my core and general education classes since it was something I could stop and put away for a long time and then come back to it later with the same energy I left with. Drawing was not, If I was working on something I had to keep working on it within the next day or so in order to come back with the same amount of energy so it was much harder to do when I had school, friends, family, and a boyfriend to worry about. I honestly missed it but I just never had time but now I do!
The Friday before the start of my senior year I walked into my school's animation room and sat down for a portfolio review in hopes of getting into their animation program. I'm happy to report that I am now officially an Animation major and i am one of 12 students who will go through the two year program from 2015. I was ever so nervous since this was my second and last try. First time I was denied due to the lack of a single class unit. They told me my portfolio was top notch but they had to be fair and apply the required unit standard to everyone but encouraged me to come again the following year. Yes, this did set me back a year but it also means I have nothing but animation classes for the next two years of college which is just amazing fun. I am really enjoying them and giving it my all to show the professors that I am serious about this and so willing to learn everything there is to know. So far I think I've gotten my point across since I accidentally did too much for our first assignments which is not necessarily a bad things since my professor really enjoyed my work which caused me to squeal in excitement when I walked out of class lol
Anyways, sorry for the long story but I'm happy to say I'll have new work to share with you guys starting with my assignment for my pre-production class which is basically a class that teaches you how to do storyboards and create character sheets which I have been doing since I started here on the DA. I'm working on it but its probably going to be a sheet of my OC Alice V. Rozalin since she will always be my favorite creation and my professor said he just wanted to see what our style is like hen it comes to character creation.
Hope to see you all soon! ~Mero-chan
Here is my 3D Animation assignment which I ended up doing too much for lol. Missed the first day so I didn't know how much he covered in the first day... apparently not that much.
Because I wanted to do something fun 1. How long have you been on DeviantArt? - 8 years and counting. I was on it for a few weeks before I joined but it really didn't take too long once Endling opened auditions for the battle contest he held, Endzone.
2. What does your username mean? - My name comes from the manga Full Moon O Sagashite by Arina Tanemura. It was my first manga and it really inspired and helped shape me early on in my life so it was the first thing that came to mind after my old InuYasha user names I used on forums. My favorite character we Meroko Yui who was called Mero on a few occasions. I just loved her and decided that was it, that's my name, Shinigami-Mero-Chan
3. Describe yourself in three words. - Ambitious, Stubborn, Loyal
4. Are you left or right handed? - Right Handed
5. What was your first deviation? - Kurumi and Clea Oh man, I'm asked that and I can think of the image exactly. First thing I uploaded was a cover for a comic I was drawing each day in math class back in 6th grade called Dream Catcher Luna. I hated the magical girl series but it was like the thing back then. It features the second member, Kurumi, of the 3 person squad and her companion, Cleá. Oh man, that is one embarrassing time in my life but I'm still proud of how complex I made the characters' story even though I was young. lol
6. What is your favorite type of art to create? - I love character sheets. They are so fun! Like seriously. Is that a type? If not then 2D anime/manga style art which has been recently been influenced by some american styles.
7. If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be? - Good lord, I don't know... something complicated. Probably a art style most concept artist use. How about all my favorite artists art styles lol. I cant choose one!
11. If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be? - All those people mentioned in the above comment. I met Azarahii/arrowmi/aznelf before but I was so rude since I didn't have a lot of time and my cosplay was falling apart. I lover her so much and wished I spent more time just sitting and talking.
12. How has a fellow deviant impacted your life? - They have just helped to push me to be a better artists and person. I really cant thank the friends I've made enough or the artists I admire. Although I've never talked to most of them they push me to better with every new piece they upload.
13. What are your preferred tools to create art? - Tablet, Paint Tool SAI, Soda, and some Ramen!
14. What is the most inspirational place for you to create art? - That's hard. I can't really answer it because I just get inspired when I see something beautiful or when I see some amazing art. Even a movie or a song. Just so many things can inspire me.
15. What is your favorite DeviantArt memory? - Wow, uhhh.... maybe I can name a few times I was featured but I think my favorite memories were looking at the results of OCBCs and hoping I made it to the next round. I'll never forget Cirque Du Dante. I made it to the final round and came in 3rd. It was crazy and I made an amazing friend!